LIGHTSCRIBE SYSTEM SOFTWARE
The LightScribe System Software (LSS) is required for proper operation of your LightScribe system. Updates are released regularly to support new hardware or recently introduced LightScribe CDs and DVDs, and will ensure optimal and reliable operation of your LightScribe Labeling system.
Your LightScribe product manufacturer will have the best knowledge of your specific configuration and needs, and they are recommended as your first source of updates whenever possible.
This limited support universal version of the LightScribe System Software offered here has not been specifically tested by your hardware provider, and is provided as an alternative should you have problems with obtaining an update.
This software package will install the LSS on a new system or update an older version.
+ DOWNLOAD NOW
||March 14, 2013
||Windows 8 OS classic (non-Metro UI)
||LightScribe enabled drive, media, and labeling software also needed.
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL
- You must either be logged into an account with Administrator privileges or have the Administrator password to complete the installation.
- Save your work and close down all active programs, especially any labeling applications.
- Click on the above file download link.
- Read and acknowledge the software licensing agreement.
- Choose “Run” to start the file download and update process.
- If you are on a slower dial-up connection, you may want to “Save” the update file to an easily found directory instead, and then run it separately. This will bypass the need to re-download the file should your update process get interrupted. This file may be safely deleted after the update process has been completed successfully.
- You may need to accept alert message boxes from your browser, Windows, or other security programs.
- Also check the security alert bar below the address box on your browser to allow the update file to be downloaded. You may need to click the message bar and allow the file to download.
- Depending on your internet connection speed, the update file may take a few minutes to download, so please be patient.
- Accept any Windows security alert windows and choose “Run”.
- Once the Update file is initiated, follow any instructions that may appear on your screen. You may also need to acknowledge the completion of the installation by clicking “Okay” or “Allow”.
- If prompted, you may need to restart your computer for your update to take effect.
- You may review the installed getting started content (localized in many languages depending on the native language of your computer) by either clicking the installed LightScribe desktop icon or go to Start/Programs/LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling/Getting Started. The desktop icon can be easily deleted or dragged to the trash can, and future LSS updates will skip the desktop icon installation.
USING THE LIGHTSCRIBE CONTROL PANEL
The LightScribe System Software installation includes an application that allows you to customize your LightScribe settings and to monitor your system Information. Locate and double click the LightScribe icon in the System Tray in the lower right corner of your Window.
If you do not see a LightScribe System Icon, click on "Start", "Programs," then Locate the LightScribe program group.
If you have any troubles please visit our LightScribe Toolbox for common problems.
- Settings Tab
- Contrast Settings.
You may choose to increase the contrast of your labels by trading off some labeling time. Activating this is similar to using the Extended Label Contrast Utility (ELCU) previously offered as a separate utility.
Once this is set, it will remain in effect unless you change it, even with new LSS updates.
Note the control panel settings are effective only for the logged on user. So another user on the same machine will also need to activate the higher contrast setting separately. This is a change from the previous ELCU utility that set the contrast level on a system wide basis.
If you had previously installed our Enhanced Label Contrast Utility (ELCU), once you have the new contrast setting activated through the new LightScribe Control Panel, you can safely uninstall the ELCU.
- Notification Options
The LightScribe Control Panel will occasionally display notifications about the LightScribe feature. If you do not want to see any LightScribe notification messages, you can uncheck the “Display Notification Messages” box.
“Run this Program when I log onto Windows” is checked by default. This is the recommended setting to enable the LightScribe control panel in the system tray. Should you decide to activate this manually, you can uncheck this box. To later activate the LightScribe Control Panel, click on Start/programs/LightScribe Direct to Disc Labeling/LightScribe Control Panel as mentioned above.
- System Information
- System Software Version.
The version number of the LightScribe System Software is displayed if installed and functioning properly.
To check for a newer version of the LightScribe System Software, click on the “Download Update” button. You will then be directed to the download page from your hardware or software provider.
- LightScribe Drives
All active LightScribe drives installed on your computer are listed in the drop down box. The information should contain the manufacturer, model number, LightScribe drive ID, and assigned Windows drive letter.
To refresh the list, click on the “Refresh” button.