LIGHTSCRIBE DIAGNOSTICS UTILITY
This Windows utility will scan your computer and fix many common installation problems and conflicts. We suggest you run this utility first when encountering problems with your LightScribe installation.
+ DOWNLOAD NOW
||March 14, 2013
||Supported Windows platforms are 8, 7, Vista, XP, and 2000.
||LightScribe System Software (LSS) must also be installed.
- If you haven’t already, please make sure you have the latest version of the LightScribe System Software installed on your computer.
- Since this utility performs system level operations, if your Windows user account does not have Administrator privileges, you will need to be logged on as Administrator, or have the Administrator password available(for Vista).
- Save your work and close down all active programs, especially any labeling applications.
- Click on the above file download link.
- Choose “Run” to start the diagnostics utility installation process.
- If you are on a slower dial-up connection, you may want to “Save” the installation file to an easily found directory instead, and then run it separately. This will bypass the need to re-download the file should your installation process get interrupted. This file may be safely deleted after the installation process has been completed successfully.
- You may need to accept alert message boxes from your browser, Windows, or other security programs.
- Also check the security alert bar below the address box on your browser to allow the update file to be downloaded. You may need to click the message bar and allow the file to download.
- Depending on your internet connection speed, the update file may take a few minutes to download, so please be patient.
- Accept any Windows security alert windows and choose “Run”.
- If prompted, you may need to enter your Adminstrator password.
- Once the installation file is initiated, just acknowledge the Software Licensing Agreement, and follow any instructions that may appear on your screen. You may also need to acknowledge the completion of the installation by clicking “Okay” or “Allow”.
- making sure to check the "Launch LightScribe Diagnostics Utility" checkbox in the final installation screen to start the utility.
Using the Utility
- If you missed the "Launch" checkbox during the installation process, you may launch the Diagnostics utility by locating it in
<Start\All Programs\LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling\LSDiagnosticsUtility…>
Once the utility is started, it will scan your computer for the proper installation of the required system software and system settings. It will also check for some known conflicts.
- If the utility finds any problems, a pop up message screen will appear offering suggested changes to fix the problem. Accept all changes with “okay”, “proceed”, “allow”, or similar.
- Reboot your computer
- Verify your LightScribe functionality.
- After your system has been scanned and any errors corrected, you can safely remove the diagnostics utility through <Start\control panel\add or remove programs>, or simply leave it installed.
If after the initial scan your LightScribe installation is still not functional, you may use the advanced features to gather more information to help speed up your tech support request resolution.
- If your problem continues, run the utility again, but choose the Advanced View.
- Click on “View”.
- Then choose “Advanced View”.
- Insert a Lightscribe disc label side down into your drive, then close the load tray.
- On the “Diagnostics” Tab screen, click on "Get System Info" and then click "Scan for LightScribe Drive and Media". The second one may take a minute or two.
- Please copy and paste the content of those windows to your help request submittal.
- To better help identify your problem, you may also click on the “Error Files” tab, and then click on “Scan Log Files”.
- Please also include the content of the error log files with your help request submittal.