Keep burning beautiful LightScribe discs by regularly updating your LightScribe System Software.
The LightScribe System Software is required for proper operation of your LightScribe system. Updates are released regularly to support new hardware or recently introduced LightScribe CDs and DVDs, and will ensure optimal and reliable operation of your LightScribe Labeling system.
Your LightScribe product manufacturer will have the best knowledge of your specific configuration and needs, and they are recommended as your first source of updates whenever possible.
This limited support universal version of the LightScribe System Software offered here has not
been specifically tested by your hardware provider, and is provided as an alternative should you have problems with obtaining an update.+ DOWNLOAD NOW
||March 14, 2013
||New drive support.
||OSX 10.3.9 or newer. LightScribe Enabled drive and media. LightScribe Labeling Software.
The LightScribe Labeling application software is also required to complete your software requirement. If you have a LaCie product, please visit them at www.lacie.com/support/lightscribe, or you may purchase stand alone software from SmileOnMyMac at www.smileonmymac.com/disclabel/.
If you have any troubles please visit our LightScribe Toolbox for common problems.
- Save any work in progress and close down all active programs, especially any labeling applications.
- Click on above file download link for Mac.
- Read and acknowledge the software legal agreement.
- Choose “Save” or “Download” when prompted to start the file download process.
- Depending on your internet connection speed, the update file may take a few minutes to download, so please be patient.
- You may close the download screen when the download process is complete.
- The selected file will be downloaded onto your desktop.
- Double click the downloaded file shown on your desktop to extract the installation file. The extracted file should have a similar name as the downloaded file, but will have a .pkg file extension.
- Double click the extracted .pkg file on your desktop to start the installation process. Follow the directions on any message screens that may appear.
- When the installation process is completed, both the original .tar and the extracted .pkg files may be safely deleted from your desktop.
- If prompted, you may need to restart your computer for your update to take effect.